Important steps to rationalize electricity consumptionMarehan Elemam
Nowadays, it became necessary to reduce Electricity Consumption.An average household dedicates about 5% of its energy budget to lighting. Switching to energy-efficient lighting is one of the fastest ways to cut your energy bills.
At first, you have to know the wrong behaviors that you do as:
- Using ordinary lamps which are not saving in electricity.
- Leaving the room without turning lights off.
- Leaving Appliances on standby.
Here are some tips that can help you to save your home electricity:
- Make it a habit to turn off unnecessary lights and to turn off lights when you leave the room.
2. LED’s are the most energy efficient option for light bulbs on the market right now. Currently, the upfront cost may be a bit higher than compact fluorescent lights (CFL), but the electricity savings and the lifetime of the bulb will make up for it.
3. Use low-wattage light bulbs in “non-reading” places and other areas where you don’t need bright light.
4. Use one large watt light bulb instead of two or more low watt bulbs. One 100-watt light bulb uses less energy and gives off more light than two 50-watt bulb.
5. Avoid halogen floor lamps that consume 300W or more power and wastes electricity through heat.
6. Choose light, reflective colors for room ceilings and walls.
7. Keep bulbs and lighting fixtures clean. Dust lowers light levels.
9. Make use of daylight for lighting, as much as possible. Use light-colored, loose-weave curtains on your window to allow daylight in your room while protecting privacy. Also, fill your room with light colors to reflect daylight.
10. Use outdoor lights only where they are needed and turn them off at daytime.
Do not think that saving electricity and using specific lighting units will reduce the beauty of your home. There are now different shapes, sizes and colors of these products that satisfy all tastes. Can be selected through https://enarat.com/en/